Yellow and Turquoise spring Bridal Shower - The Style Sisters

Yellow and Turquoise spring Bridal Shower

By The Style Sisters - Monday, April 14, 2014

I love to throw a party and when my friend Beth was looking for a place to throw a shower for her soon to be married daughter I offered to have it here at my house. The color scheme works perfectly with the colors I have in my house Yellow, turqoise blue and red! I have recently partnered with Party Pail- Party Supplies and Favors and they supplied us with all these beautiful paper goods! I have been so impressed with their line of party goods and how nice they look and feel!
Spring bridal shower, yellow and turquoise bridal shower, party pail, the style sisters
I got out all the goodies from Party Pail and started to create! I love that you can shop by color! I am in love the sturdy turqoise silverware and the paper balls in yellow and white. These particular paper balls are only 8" in diameter but when you bunch them together it looks awesome.
I hung a bunch of the paper balls above my chandelier in the kitchen nook..this will be the dessert table. I bought a few blue paper flowers from the dollar store...never again! They are so flimsy and ripped the second I tried to pull it apart to make it fluffy! I was sooo frustrated! Luckily I was able to mash them into the pretty yellow and white ones from Party Pail so you can't even tell that the whole backsides of all the blue ones are totally ripped!
Yellow and turquoise paper flowers, yellow and turquoise bridal shower, the style sisters
Beth had family and friends bring some of the desserts but the cute cake balls with striped sticks are from Swirly Girls bakery here in Daybreak! Adorable! I was so excited to use my wooden cake plates that my hubby and I made (tutorial here) to hold cupcakes and other desserts. To bring in a little color I added 2 rows of yellow chevron ribbon down the middle of the table (hobby lobby)
Yellow and turquoise bridal shower, the style sisters, party pail
Party Pail provided the crepe paper and I made these cutie patootie flowers out of some of it. I will have the Tutorial on how to make them on the blog tomorrow. So easy! I wanted to make tons but I ran out of time. Don't you love these square plates and the cups that have white inside and on the edge! To house the turqoise silverware I stuck the silverware into 3 of my glass white cups.
Party pail bridal shower, the style sisters, yellow and turquoise bridal shower
I also made this other cute flower out of the Party Pail crepe paper which I will also show you how to make tomorrow on the blog.
Crepe paper flowers, yellow and turqoise bridal shower
How cute is this idea! Beth took glass jars, filled them with craft sticks and added sticky letters that say Marriage words of wisdom and another jar said Date night ideas. Then each person at the shower could write on one of the sticks ideas for the bride to be...what a nice keepsake.
Party Pail has a fun collection of cake toppers that are perfect to add to cupcakes. I forgot to get a close up but these little flags are blue and white striped and looked so cute in all the cupcakes!
Yellow and turqoise bridal shower, party pail, the style sisters
During the Set up
So many yummy desserts....cupcakes, cake pops, dipped pretzels, lemon bars and cookies!
Lest you think that was it...there's more!!! Onto the luncheon food table in my dining room! I hung more paper balls from Party Pail in the dinning room from the ceiling. I had a 3 white ones and one red one left over from a wedding I did in my backyard last summer. Plus I used more of the crepe paper from Party Pail to make these blue ruffled streamers..tutorial tomorrow.
I was so happy with how everything came together! The cute perfectly matched banner was made by Beth's Friend just for the shower..."From Miss to Mrs." You can purchase the banner from Blue July Etsy shop
I used these metal candle holders from Ikea to put the turqoise silverware in.
When hanging the paper balls I chose to hang them at different heights along with the ruffled streamers coming down at different heights...it just gave it some dimension.
Gorgeous tulips from Costco.
I really love the size of these yellow square plates from Party Pail..perfect to hold the croissant chicken sandwich and salads. Elevating things on your table really makes things look special...these paper plates look so nice sitting on my wooden cake plate!
Croissants, chicken salad, spinach salad and fruit salad, all my favorites! You will notice I elevated the vase of tulips to give them more of presence on the table.
I love the little touches that Beth brought over...like this framed magnetic board to show off Sarah's wedding invitation.
Congratulations to Sarah on her upcoming wedding!!
And a big thanks to Party Pail for all these fabulous Paper Party Goods!

Tomorrow I will share with you the tutorials for the crepe paper flowers and the crepe paper streamers!
Linking to

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. WOW!!!!! You did a fantastic job with that stunning party - everything is just perfect - fun, colourful and so well put together. What fun - you are such a good friend for doing this...and you are soooo right- you have the perfect house for those colours. YAY! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Karin! I love all the happy bright colors~the tulips are perfect and my favorite element is the banner, just adorable!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0