Instant cake plate tutorial- no glue! - The Style Sisters

Instant cake plate tutorial- no glue!

By The Style Sisters - Wednesday, April 23, 2014

When I found this metal plate in Ikea in the candle department I knew it would make such a fabulous cake plate. They come in two sizes..this large size and small ones so you could make some for cupcakes too!

Cake plate tutorial no glue, ikea plates, instant cake plate

The white candle holders are also from Ikea in the same department...they were meant to be together :) they come in two different heights and they come in black too!

I didn't want this to be permanent so I found this tacky putty stuff at Hobby Lobby and globbed a bunch all around the base. It looks like gum doesn't it?

Both the plate and the candle holder come with the soft fabric on the bottoms..no scratches on the tables!

Instant cake plate tutorial, ikea metal candle holder plate
Press the base into the center of the plate. This stuff is strong!!! I love it!

I've used them to hold dinner plates, desserts, vases filled with flowers...they work perfectly and when I need to use each piece separately...they just pull apart and I pull off the tacky stuff. The napkins and braided napkin rings are from this awesome Etsy shop called Izy and Oly...GORGEOUS things are for sale over in her shop!!! I will be doing a tablescape using these napkins and some of her placemats coming up soon...you will love it! All handmade and beautiful quality!

Izy and Oly etsy shop, braided napkin rings

LInking to
DIY Dreamer CedarHillFarmHouse Savvysouthernstyle
Frugal Friday tatertotsandjello
betweennapsontheporch
thededicatedhouse thepinjunkie justusfour
what-about findingfabulous tidymom prototypemama
21 random aconqueredmess thegunnysack
knick of time boogieboardcottage
Not just a housewife Inspiration Exchange party cuisine kathleen, stonegableblog
Seasoned homaker Ivy and elephants CommonGround
Uncommon sliceofsuburbia Coastal Charm Crystelle Boutique
Lambertslately DIY showoff Show and Tell pin junkie

 

 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 Comments

  1. This is such a cute idea! I love combining two "lovely-on-their-own" pieces into something else that is just too cute and fun. Hmmm? A run to IKEA may be on my agenda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally run to Ikea and get some! :) you could make it permanent and give as a gift too....I love this project because there is no sanding, no painting, no nothin! Thanks for your comment...let me know if you make one too :)

      Delete
  2. I love this Karin! I have trouble with permanent, I do love flexibility and change! Thank you, and who can live without HL :)
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0