Savory Sweet Potato Pancakes - The Style Sisters

Savory Sweet Potato Pancakes

By The Style Sisters - Monday, January 13, 2014

Savory Sweet Potato Pancakes
I wanted to try something different with yams and came across this recipe from gooseberry mooseberry blog to make sweet potato pancakes.

Mine did not stick together as well as hers did...I think maybe because I didn't use gold potatoes :( but they still tasted delicious!!

I used my cuisinart to shred the sweet potatoes and regular potato.

 

I also shredded 1 small onion into to mix.

I tried to make little patties but they wouldn't hold together...especially when I would try to flip the pancake over. Either I didn't shred it finely enough or it didn't work well because I didn't use golden potatoes..so I just turned most of it into hash browns...but they still tasted delicious and everyone loved them.

The hubby, my daughter, two neice's and one of the neice's roommates from college. It was a lovely dinner with all these gals :)

Bon appetit :)

Yam and Potato Pancakes ( GooseberryMooseberry Blog)

(Makes about 8 pancakes)

You will need:

2 large young gold potatoes

1 medium yam

1 egg, lightly beaten

1 tbsp freshly chopped dill

1/4 tsp salt, or to taste

1/8 tsp pepper, or to taste

1 1/2 tbsp potato flour

2-3 tbsp canola oil

Directions:

1. Peel and grate potatoes and yam and place in a bowl. Add the egg, dill, salt and pepper and mix. Sprinkle with potato flour and mix well to combine. Form the potato mixture into eight flattened patties (about 3 inches across). Heat oil on medium heat in a large pan and add the cakes, working in batches if necessary. Cook the cakes until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. As an option, serve with chopped scallion and sour cream or low-fat plain yogurt.

Linking to

Stonegable blog

 

 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 Comments

  1. They look yummy. I like potato pancakes. did you use sweet potatoes or yams? Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joni I used what I call a yam... The ones that have a more orange color and are less stringy, I'm not sure if it is actually called a sweet potato??? I always buy the darker colored ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    Oh yum!
    And I love your seagrass chargers. I have them too ;0)
    Have a beautiful week,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0