Pumpkin Ginger Waffles - The Style Sisters

Pumpkin Ginger Waffles

By The Style Sisters - Monday, January 11, 2010

PUMPKIN GINGER WAFFLES!!
I really don't like plain waffles or pancakes any more and so when I find a yummy recipe for them using different ingredients I love to try it out. This is a great new recipe. I only wish they were crispier other than that I loved the flavor.
I Found this recipe in the Oct. 09 Country Living Magazine and they turned out delicious!

The aroma of these spicey waffles filled our home!
I made them yesterday morning and topped them with a few oranges, fresh raspberries and of course maple syrup!
A great way to use up some of your canned pumpkin!
Here is the recipe:
Pumpkin Ginger Waffles


Country Living 2009 Oct. Issue



1 ¼ cup flour

1 1/2 tsp baking powder

½ tsp baking soda

¼ tsp salt

2 tsp ground ginger

1 tsp cinnamon

¼ C finely chopped crystallized ginger (I didn’t have this so I grated 1 orange peel into the mixture)

2 large eggs

¾ C buttermilk (I didn’t have this either so I added mixed with some lemon juice)

½ C sugar

1 tsp Vanilla

3 Tbsp melted butter



Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon in a bowl. (If using the crtystalized ginger remove 2 Tbsp of flour mixture and toss it together and then set aside.



Whisk eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin, sugar and vanilla in another bowl.



Combine flour with pumpkin mixture. Stir in butter and fold in crystallized ginger mixture (if using). Do not overmix. Heat waffle iron and drop about ½ cup batter per each one.



Makes 5 -five inch round waffles.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

  1. YUMMY...I LOVE WAFFLES, WE HAD THEM YESTERDAY FOR LUNCH..THESE LOOK DELISH! I WILL TRY THEM, THANKS SO MUCH! COME SAY HI ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sounds yummy! I'm with you though - I love a CRUNCHY waffle!

    I hope you are doing well. I think of you often. I have always felt I could relate to you because of the way you spoke of your brother and your love for him. I too adore my "little" brother. He was diagnosed with melanoma a few weeks ago. The doctor believes they he got it all but my brother will be seeing an Oncologist in the next week or so as a follow up. We are praying that it has not spread.

    Wishing you all the best,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim,
    Thank you for your kind words...I have been having o.k. days...it is tough after the holidays and then also dealing with the loss of a loved one but I hope to be back to my old self soon.

    I hope and pray for your brother that they got all the cancer! I will keep you in my prayers.
    Take care,
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look very yummy...I bet my family would LOVE them. Thanks for the recipe.

    Robin~♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a can of pumpkin sitting on my shelf! Thanks for the recipe. They look and sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM I am totally going to have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The waffles look delicious!
    We were passed along a little blog award and since Nicole loves and has blog stalked you for a while, we thought we would pass it on to you! Seriously...no obligation to accept, we just wanted to share how much we love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must say I'm not a fan of waffles or pancakes - it's the syrup that get me. But I'd eat a pumpkin flavored waffle with just a sprinkling of powdered sugar yum!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh I NEED a waffle iron... those sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE my belgian wafftle maker and this recipe looks YUMMY!! Can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0