Armoire Re-Do - The Style Sisters

Armoire Re-Do

By The Style Sisters - Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I spotted this armoire at the thrift store a few months ago and decided to get it and re-do the inside of it to hold all my extra glasses, dishes and linens. So the first thing we did was... Rip out the shelf that use to hold a T.V.
We had to use a crowbar to get the dang thing out!

then we removed all the electrical plugs that were there for DVD players and such.

Where the large hole was in the back of the Armoire (For large T.V's.) I had some toile black and white fabric left over from some other project and used a staple gun to attach it all around to cover the hole and make a pretty background.
I think it turned out great!
I then had my cute hubby put in one shelf.




But then I decided that two shelves would be better... so he installed a second shelf.


It holds all my extra glasses, holiday dishes, odds and ends perfectly.


All the drawers and cupboards below hold my napkins, placemats, chargers and tablecloths.

With just a little bit of work I now have great storage for all my goodies.


I am participating in Tablescapers Where do you keep it

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

18 Comments

  1. What a fantastic idea! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UMMM HELLLLOOOOO!! I did not know you did this!!!!! UH-MAZING!!! Would you like to come and re-do mine??? he he he

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great functionality and looks great too. I love extra storage like this.

    If you are interested, I am hosting a pay it forward give away at my blog and would love for you to participate if you are interested.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY CUTE POST BELOW TOO, I MUST HAVE MISSED THAT ONE! I LOVE THIS CABINET NOW, IT'S SO CUTE, I'D BE TEMPTED TO LEAVE IT OPEN FOR ALL TO SEE...WAY CUTE! THAT WAS A SMART MOVE AND IT TURNED OUT GREAT! COME SAY HI :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea! Wish I had one to store all my stuff in. With so many people getting the bigger HD TV's more and more of these are showing up at the thrift stores. Smart people like you come up with clever ideas to use them for.

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adding another shelf was a good idea. Great way to use that piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I have a big cabinet you could come help me re-do! Great storage for free, there's no better price. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job, what an amazing find, Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I'm wishing I had so many goodies!! Great transformation, thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome! Great re-purpose. It looks so cute with all the goodies hiding inside!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic idea! Much more practical. I wish my dining room hutch was that organized!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great idea. and beautiful storage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh...I definitely need to get one of those. Great job into transforming it from the TV space to a great china/linen cabinet!
    Hugs, Lana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome dish storage! Works really well for this purpose! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The best thing you did was to marry that handy man! I like your storage idea. Please come see mine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I see I am not the only one that converted a tv armoire into a dish cupboard! They hold so much more than the kitchen cabinets. Thanks for the idea of using it for my stemware...now to find one at a reasonable price!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so clever. I can' believe how many entertrainment type things I've passed up because I didn't know what to do with them to make them useful. Great, great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0