Epic Surprise 75th Birthday Party- Food - The Style Sisters

Epic Surprise 75th Birthday Party- Food

By The Style Sisters - Monday, September 08, 2014

Did I tell you about the debocle of the cake??? Ummm yeah... A young friend of mine offered to make this amazing layerd crepe cake covered in ganache... I was so excited because I've never had it before but the pictures looked stunning! I bought all the ingredients and called him in the afternoon the day before to see what time he was coming over.....well he forgot and went out of town! I was like okaaayyyy now what??? So The next morning... The day of the party,...I called a local grocery store in St George called Harmon's and talked to this great gal in the bakery dept and asked if she could make me a 4 layer white cake, with Rasberry filling, and pink ribbon frosting...I sent her a picture in a text and she made it for me!!! Total miracle!! It turned out gorgeous!!! Notice the wooden cake stand? My tutorial is HERE
I bought some bamboo skewers and I had some black and white ribbon and some leaf looking ribbon and I tied it into each stick and let it drape in between...I thought it added just the right touch! Then while we were at the grocery store my daughter...Emily spotted these adorable black and white candles... Perfecto!!
My mom loves loves loves French macroons! I bought these from One Sweet Slice bakery here in South Jordan...they are a famous bakery who have won Cupcake Wars on the Food Network! These little nuggets are light and fluffy in different flavors! They were a hit!!
One sweet slice, French macaroons
I asked one of my cousins to bring a treat for the little kids ...aren't these adorable!! The little ones LOVED them!
Cookie Monster cupcakes
Of course the amazing Eiffel Tower made from wafer cookies... I blogged about it Here
We also served some grapes and strawberries
Another cousin brought homemade cream puffs that were to die for!
The whole family really pitched to help pull off this amazing or rather "Epic 75th surprise birthday party!"
I Love my family!
Coming up next in the Epic 75th Birthday Installment- flowers and decoration!
Linking to

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 Comments

  1. What a great party! The cake looks amazing…it's making me really want a piece!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0