Dutch oven cooking and camping with the family - The Style Sisters

Dutch oven cooking and camping with the family

By The Style Sisters - Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Scrumptious Dutch Oven dinner ! 
I am a total novice when it comes to cooking with a Dutch Oven but I gotta tell you each time I do I am so pleasantly surprised! 

I used boneless chicken thighs, Carrots, Yukon gold potatoes, Fresh green beans and an Onion.
My hubby got the match light coals going and we put most of them underneath the Dutch Oven (approx 20) and about 15 on top of the Dutch Oven. 45-50 min later the goodness was ready to be eaten!
The chicken was so moist and flavorful even our 6 yr old grandson said this is so good I’m going to eat it for dessert! 😂😂 I used a Dutch Oven parchment paper so there was hardly any clean up either! Win win!

I also made a little caprese salad of garden tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar drizzled over everything and sprinkle of salt. I made this in the morning and we ate it that night. 

This little pup is our youngest grandson and is just snuggle bug!
This is our beautiful oldest granddaughter and our first grandchild. You may remember me blogging about her the day she was born.
Our oldest grandson on the right, youngest in the middle and third grandchild on the left. Oh how I adore all of them!
Madeline create an amazing pear s',more on a whim. She decided to skewer the pear and roast it over the fire. Once it was hot and fairly baked she cut it in half, sprinkled some dark chocolate pieces, crushed up chocolate striped cookies and topped it with a dollop of fresh whipped cream. OH MY GOODNESS it was absolutely amazing!

We are so blessed to live so close the mountains and love to go up and enjoy it as often as we can.
Our son in-law perusing over what to eat next :)
Beautiful Madeline getting ready to fry a scone that she made.
The hubs and I by the stream

We absolutely love spending time with our family

Recipes
Dutch oven chicken and vegetables
4-5 carrots peeled and chopped into chunks
2 large yukon potatoes washed cut into chunks
1 large handful of fresh green beans trimmed
1 medium onion cut into wedges
4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
Webers beer can chicken seasoning
olive oil
kosher salt
black pepper
pear balsamic vinegar

Directions
I marinated everything early in the morning by placing chicken in zip lock bag and veggies in another bag so that I could just pour everything into the dutch oven. I also used a dutch oven parchment paper liner that made clean up a snap!
Place all vegetables, 2 Tbsp olive oil, Webers seasoning, salt, pepper and 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar into ziplock bag and keep in fridge or cooler.
Place chicken in another ziploc bag with the same amount of seasonings.
Once your dutch oven is ready to placed on the hot coals add your vegetables first and then place chicken on top.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0