Shiver me timbers it's a pirate party! Talk like a pirate day Sept 19th - The Style Sisters

Shiver me timbers it's a pirate party! Talk like a pirate day Sept 19th

By The Style Sisters - Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Avast ye matey's Talk like a Pirate day is Wednesday September 19th and you don't' want to look like a scallywag! Here be some Pirate food that any Lass or Lady would like. One of my grandsons recently had a birthday party and he wanted a Pirate ship cake so I looked around Pinterest and found some ideas and took it from there and created this one complete with a scary looking dinosaur head on the front of the ship hahah (I used what I had) he only turned 6 so he did not know dinosaurs and pirates are eons apart from one another.


 I used the basic directions from this is blog Truly Scrumptious and then added my own decorations. I used lifesaver candies for the side port holes, brown and black m&m's for the top of the ship area, octopus candies and fishy crackers at the base of the ship and for the pirate flags I printed these off from dumielauxepices.net and cut them out and stuck them over the pirouette cookies from pepperidge farms. OH and for the front of the ship I used my pirate sword and chopped off the head of a rubber dinosaur I had laying around. ARGGGG!
My grandkids LOVE LOVE LOVE fruit so I looked around for a fun Piratey idea and found this parrot created out of fruit! It was pretty easy to do...just layering the fruit in the shapes of the parrot head, wings and body. 

Polly want a cracker? 

By simply cutting off the top of red pepper and turning it upside down, adding googly eye candies and using some cut slices of peppers underneath for legs... we have an octopus veggie tray! 

Fish and Chips anyone? The kids loved these! Cupcake holders in red and white polka dots held the catch of the day. 

Fire in the HOLE!! 
Black cannon balls AKA olives, are always a hit with the grands...the love to stick them on the ends of their fingers. 

Big brother was dying to get a piece of the cake...he looks like a giant attacking the ship! Oh and I forgot I also added a few plastic pirate characters to the ship to make it more lifelike hehehehe 
Yo Ho Yo a Pirates Life for me...

The birthday boy was in heaven with all his pirate loot he received. 

Even Smee came to wish the birthday boy a happy birthday! 

Such a fun little party! 

Hope you enjoy Talk Like A Pirate Day!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Karin, this is adorable! All of your ideas here are great, especially the dino head as a pirate ship. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rita 😁 It was fun to make and tasted yummy. I was trying to come up with something fun to put in the front of the ship... so I rummaged around in my grandkids toys that I have here at the house and I saw this rubbery Dino and it was my husband who suggested i I use it 😂 so off went his head! Thanks for your comment ❤️

      Delete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0