The Style Sisters

BYU Graduation Party Blue and White

BYU Graduation Party Blue and White
One of my cute friends asked me to help plan and carry out her daughters BYU graduation party last year and I have to tell you it was so much fun! Her daughter wanted the party to kind of have a boardwalk feel using BYU's blue and white colors.
BYU graduation party blue and white
Originally we had planned to have the entire party outside but as fate would have it...it rained..not a little...it just poured! So we moved most of the party inside and got canopies for the outside patio area.
BYU graduation party blue and white
For the dessert table I covered her round table with a white tablecloth and used IKEA's blue and white striped fabric and draped it over the top. It was long so I cinched it up using a hair elastic to make a puff on each side. Then to bring in the casual Boardwalk feel I used lots of my galvanized tin serveware.
BYU graduation party blue and white
I served brownies, lemon bars, raspberry bars, chocolate chip brownie cups, caramel chocolate dipped pretzels and mini orange cupcakes with mini chocolate graduation cap candies on top!
BYU graduation party blue and white
These yummy chocolate chip brownies are so good I made them from a mix. Nestles chocolate chip brownie mix from Walmart..you got try it. I baked them in these little paper cups from Ikea...they are tall and skinny and worked perfectly. A great tip: make ahead and freeze! I made these fun "Y" toothpicks using the free printable from MyeyeQ
BYU graduation party blue and white

BYU graduation party blue and white
I made these fun mini cupcakes also using a mix but added 1 cup of sour cream and 4 eggs and used orange juice in place of the water. I made the little graduation caps using mini peanut butter cups, a small square of chocolate a mini M&M candies and a little strip of air head candy. I had to cut out the blue stripe from the multi colored roll of air head candy and cut it into 3 pieces. I used melted chocolate chips to attach everything together.
BYU graduation party blue and white mini graduation caps
BYU graduation party blue and white

BYU graduation party blue and white
Diploma cookies! I used Pepperidge farms Pirouette cookies and tied skinny blue ribbons on each cookie.
Graduation cookies BYU graduation party blue and white
My cute mom made these AMAZING caramel and chocolate dipped pretzels! Oh my gosh they taste so good! Www.eatlotsachocolate.com
BYU graduation party blue and white
BYU graduation party blue and white
I found this fun letter "S" for Shelby...it was on clearance at Hobby Lobby but is was pink..so I spray painted it white and made it available to her guests to sign it as a keepsake. I also got a glass jar and used sticky letters to spell out advice. Many friends wrote her a little note and popped it in the jar for her.
BYU graduation party blue and white
BYU graduation party blue and white
Next I will show you the outdoor patio all lit up, the photo booth I created using more of the IKEA striped fabric and a fun ring toss game plus the blue and white banners!

Karin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

} changeThumbSize("PopularPosts1",210); changeThumbSize("BlogList1",210);