The Style Sisters

Dining Room Tid Bits with guest blogger Kirsten Krason

Welcome to the first "Dining Room Tid Bits" our special guest blogger is

Kirsten shares her formula for decorating a room or a tablescape-
I pull together a tablescape the same way I pull together a room, I always start with fabric first. In this case I had a set of colorful floral napkins that I picked up at T.J. Maxx several years ago.
I love pulling these napkins out in the Summer or Spring because of the vibrant colors that are used. I then look around my house to see what I can use that is in this color scheme. I had purchased these felt green placemats years ago at Home Goods and I love how they pull the green out from the napkins. The gold chargers were an after Christmas Target special and I love the metallic sparkle they add to the table. I always shop after Holidays to find pieces that I can use all year long. These chargers work for any season or any Holiday.
For my table runner I layered an old CB2 runner with some circle paper dots. These were leftover from a bridal shower that I threw for a friend. I find it helpful to keep leftover party supplies on hand to make pulling together my tablescapes a little easier.
For my centerpiece I pulled over some faux cherry blossoms that were in my Living Room. I love fresh flowers but if don't have them on hand I find that faux flowers can make a beautiful replacement and the pink impact was perfect for this table!
For me a great table comes together just like a great room. The formula is simple, a beautiful fabric mixed together with metallics, coordinating colors and geometric shapes!
I hope you enjoyed meeting Kirsten and learning how she puts together a room or tablescape. Make sure you head over to her blog and her interior design website to see her incredible work.
Linking Tom

4 comments:

  1. I have the same placemats that I used here...http://buhayatbahay.blogspot.com/search/label/Easter

    well, used it as a runner though. Love the set-up, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and simple! Love the easy formula.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the suggestions and her formula. Very pretty.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This table is beautiful. I especially love the napkins.

    ReplyDelete

Comments

} changeThumbSize("PopularPosts1",210); changeThumbSize("BlogList1",210);