Zucchini Ribbon Pasta with Creamy Lemon Basil Sauce - The Style Sisters

Zucchini Ribbon Pasta with Creamy Lemon Basil Sauce

By The Style Sisters - Friday, July 26, 2013

Inspired by "Our Best Bites" Zucchini Ribbon Pasta with Basil Lemon Creamy Sauce recipe I decided to try it out with okay a few adjustments and it was soooo yummy!!

I needed to use up some corn on the cob I had in the fridge so I ran my knife down the edges of the cob and cut it off. In my garden I had some fresh green beans and mini tomatoes so I decided to use them in this recipe too.

The zucchini is cut into ribbons using a vegetable peeler. I laid the zucchini flat on the cutting board and took many swipes until I had enough for the dish.

I sautéed the corn and green beans in a little olive oil sprinkled with salt and pepper.

During the 3 min. I added my mini tomatoes to the just until they popped.

Fresh basil from garden chopped into small pieces are added into the creamy sauce.

The sauce is made with cream cheese, chick broth and I added a little cream too!

I used angel hair pasta because it cooks really fast and we were hungry! :) I also added in some left over grilled chicken to make it more filling.

Zucchini Ribbon Pasta with Creamy Lemon-Basil Sauce

Original Recipe by Our Best Bites this has my changes :)

Ingredients

½ lb (or 8 oz) fettuccine (I used angel hair)

1 medium zucchini

2 tsp olive oil, divided

10 ounces grape tomatoes (about 2 cups)

Handful of fresh green beans

kosher salt

black pepper

3-4 cloves finely minced garlic (I used shallots)

1 cup low sodium chicken broth

3 ounces fat-free cream cheese (I used regular)

1/4 cup cream

1 cup very loosely packed basil, chopped

1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice, more if desired

Instructions

Prepare a pot of water and cook pasta according to package instructions. Using the vegetable peeler, slice off zucchini ribbons...as many as you can. Set zucchini aside.

Heat a medium size skillet to medium heat. When hot, add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add, green beans and corn, sauté until corn begins to turn golden. Add tomatoes and sauté give them a little sprinkle of kosher salt and a few cracks of black pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 3-4 minutes. Just until they start to burst and look blistered. Remove tomatoes veggies from pan and place in a small dish, covered, and set aside.

Add another 1 teaspoon olive oil to the empty pan and add garlic or shallots. Stir constantly on medium-low heat for about 30-60 seconds. Add chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and use a spatula to scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Simmer for 1-2 minutes and then reduce heat to low.

Place cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and soften for 20-30 seconds, until it can be easily stirred smooth. Ladle in a couple spoonfuls of the chicken broth mixture into the cream cheese and stir to combine. Once the mixture is smooth, add it to the pan with the remaining broth mixture and whisk until smooth and creamy. Add chopped basil and lemon juice and stir to combine. Add 1/4 cup of cream and Taste sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste. (Lemon lovers can also squeeze in extra lemon juice at this point.)

When pasta is just about done, add zucchini ribbon strips to pot (so they’re cooking with the pasta). Boil for about 2 minutes, or until tender. Drain zucchini and pasta and combine with sauce. Gently toss in tomatoes, green beans and corn. Garnish with additional basil if desired.

Serves 6

Linking to

Fresh foods link up, Weekend Potluck, Foodie Friday,

Six Sisters Stuff

 

 

 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0