Backyard Entertaining Red White Blue Pt 1 - The Style Sisters

Backyard Entertaining Red White Blue Pt 1

By The Style Sisters - Saturday, July 06, 2013

 We had the best time ever for the 4th of July with lots of family in the backyard. 
I want to share our decoration ideas that can work for any backyard get together. First off my daughter made t-shirts for her kids painting stripes and stars on them...aren't they adorable :)

We decided to get a 4 generation photo taken. My sister Tiffany took this picture of my granddaughter, my daughter, myself and my cute mom!!

I made Madeline a couple of red white and blue banners to hand around the back yard to bring in a little festivity. I made this one first and backed each triangle with matching fabric zigzagging all around the edges. I used double fold bias tape as the "string" it was so easy to whip up but I made another one and did not back each triangle...much easier!
 I bought this cute metal vase for my daughter a while ago from Ikea and now wished I would have bought myself one too!! What was I thinking? So cute with white daisies and the airy pink flowers coming out of the top like fireworks! 


Here is the other banner I made and we strung it up between two big trees. It looked adorable. 

I had left over fabric from the banners and we used them as little runners down the tables. 

My beautiful sister and mom and me :)

What is a backyard party without a little water hahah my son in law drenched my husband with a bucket of water..it was awesome!

Hamburgers and hot dogs were on the menu
 We BBQ'ed the corn on the cob in the husks for about 10 min and then added butter, lime. feta cheese and cilantro....such a favorite of ours during the summer months....I can't get enough of that flavor!

 Our favorite spinach salad with apples, berries, craisins and honey slivered almonds with Brianna's poppyseed dressing.


Watermelon cut into small chunks and served in this cute flower shaped chip and dip bowl
 We always serve water mixed with limes and lemons...but putting it in this jug makes it look fancier :)
 Hanging a swing off a tree is just the best enterainment for kids and seating in the shade for conversations is best for us older kids. 


 YUMMMMMYYY
 Entertaining in the backyard is always the most fun...up next some of the "minute to win it" games we played with the entire family. It was hysterical!! 


 Hope everyone enjoyed a safe and fun holiday!
Karin




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 Comments

  1. It looks like a wonderful 4th of July spent with your family. It seems everyone had a great time!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0