My Mother's Day gifts - The Style Sisters

My Mother's Day gifts

By The Style Sisters - Friday, May 11, 2012

I have the most amazing family! They have been working on projects for me for a couple of weeks now and I just had to share them with all of you! My husband loves to tinker on projects around the house and most especially out in the yard.

While at one of the many many trips to Lowe's I spotted this adorable little chandy on the clearance aisle for only $29.00! Yes that's right good old Lowe's had this old fashioned sparkly little chandelier.

I snatched it up and my cute hubby installed in over my sink in the kitchen. So so cute!
Sorry my photos are so dark and not very clear...I used my IPAD and the lighting was just not great. :(

Here is the before picture...no chandy to be found.
Here is the other thing my husband made for me...a potting bench. He made it out of a wooden pallet! My daughter Madeline found the idea on Pinterest and my other daughter helped by pulling the pallet all apart!
This is my hubby working on the potting bench.


He not only built the potting bench but he and my daughter Madeline..built these amazing garden beds!!
They had to lay down some decorative cinder block to level the ground...our backyard slopes a bit.

Here it is all complete. He even built me a little ledge to sit on so I won't tweek my back by bending over so much!

I think Madeline was more excited than me to get the plants put in! We planted lots of herbs, tomatoes, green beans, White beans, peas, carrots, strawberries, red and green peppers and more! It is going to be amazing when everything starts growing!

Are they the best or what!!
I can't tell you how blessed I am!
I love my family so much!

Hope you all enjoy your Mother's Day on Sunday!!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 Comments

  1. Very neat idea to use a pallet to make a potting bench! I may have seen that one on Pinterest too! The chandy is gorgeous! What a great deal for only $29!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0