Anthropologie Knock off Wreath Tutorial - The Style Sisters

Anthropologie Knock off Wreath Tutorial

By The Style Sisters - Wednesday, December 18, 2013

If you want to make a fabulous gift for someone here is a great idea!
It takes a couple hours and is easy peasy to do and looks gorgeous when it's done. The real Anthropologie wreath costs a fortune and this one cost me around $20.00 but you could make it cheaper. Use a different yarn, buy your straw wreath at the dollar store.
Anthropologie knock off wreath tutorial
Items needed
3 skeins of Yarn Bee fleece Lite color:Quartz from Hobby Lobby $5.59 ea.
1 straw wreath (keep wrapped in plastic so it won't fall apart)
Floral pins
Step 1- Make a lot of bundles! I wrap the yarn around my four fingers 37-40 times
.
Then I slip the yarn off...carefully and place the bundle on top of another piece of yarn
Tie it tightly around the center so that there are loops on both sides.
Then cut all the loops. I slip my finger through one side of the loops and glide the scissors through and cut.
Fluff it out and feel around for any loops you may have missed and cut those.
It takes around 40 bundles. Each skein gave me around 15 bundles..but I could be wrong I'm writing this as we drive to Moab, Utah from my memory of making this last week.
Then start attaching them with the floral pins. I started on the main part of the wreath, then did the inside and then the outside.
J
Anthropologie knock off wreathAll done! So fluffy and pretty!
Let me know if you make one too!!
Linking to


linking to Ella Claire Inspired http://www.ellaclaireinspired.com/the-inspiration-exchange-december/

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

5 Comments

  1. That is so pretty. Wish I had time to make one this year. Pinning to remember for next year. Thanks for the directions. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! It's so nice and full.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out really great, Anthropology watch out!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lovely lady.
    Your Idea is so sweet!! maybe I will do this next year for my tree. Hoping you have a wonderful Christmas with your family.
    xxoo
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you and your family a magical Christmas filled with love and laughter. Best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year. Your wreath is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0