Sunday Pork Loin Roast - The Style Sisters

Sunday Pork Loin Roast

By The Style Sisters - Sunday, September 16, 2012

On Saturday we went to the Farmer's Market and bought some delicious fresh peaches and I used some to make a yummy fresh peach chutney to go on our pecan crusted pork loin.
It turned out fabulous!
Pecan crusted pork loin with fresh peach chutney

Ingredients

1/2 cup pecan pieces

1 green onion chopped finely

1 tablespoon light brown sugar

1 pork tenderloins (about 2 lb)

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

olive oil cooking spray

Steps

1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Chop pecans, onions, and sugar until finely chopped.

2. Season pork with salt and pepper; roll in pecan mixture until well coated and place on baking sheet. Drizzle top of tenderloin with olive oil. Bake 25–30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F (for medium). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.

3. Let pork stand 5 minutes; then cut into 1-inch-thick slices. Top with Fresh peach Chutney (recipe below) and serve.

Peach Chutney (easy)

I simply chopped up one large peach into small little squares and added a tablespoon of mango chutney to it. I stirred it all up and let it sit to marinate for about 15 or 20 min. Then I spooned it over the top other past after we sliced it thinly and served. Sooo good!

Mashed yams

I love yams in any form..baked, mashed, roasted or grilled.

For this recipe I microwaved them and removed skins. I put the skinless yams into a pan added about 1/4 cup of half and half, 1 tsp cinnamon, a pinch of salt, 1/4 cup butter. I whipped the yams until light and fluffy. Then I added 1/4 cup of applesauce! It tastes really good! I sprinkled some mini marshmallows on the top for that thanksgiving feel hahah.

Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday :)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 Comments

  1. I have a funny story about pork loin. When my kids were little, I had a menu posted on the fridge so they could see what the dinners were going to be for the week. One morning, one of them saw "Pork Loin" on the menu but read LION instead. She told all the younger kids as well as everyone in her class at school that her mom was so cool because I was making lion for dinner. They were a little disappointed that it was actually just a pig. (We all still call it LION just for fun.) Your recipe looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0