Crepes with fried bananas - The Style Sisters

Crepes with fried bananas

By The Style Sisters - Monday, January 23, 2012

I  decided I wanted to make a yummy little dessert tonight.What to make? When I ask my hubby what he wants..he always says ice cream but I like something besides ice cream...I like something warm and yummy with my ice cream.




 Sooo, I decided I would make some crepes with fried bananas, ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate sauce
When making the batter make sure you whisk it really good or make it in a blender.When you cook the crepe use a small frying pan and a very small amount of batter...swirl it around in the pan so it is evenly coated and let it cook until the edges are somewhat crisp. Then flip it over so it cooks slightly on the other side

.


p




This is one banana sliced into four skinny pieces, sauteed in butter, a sprinkle of brown sugar, cinnamon and some slivered almonds.

I used vanilla Tillamook ice cream inside the crepes with the fried bananas..then I topped it off with fresh whipped cream and raspberries.

Here is the recipe for the crepes

Ingredients

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
  • Directions

    1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
    2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
    3. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.


Enjoy!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Inspiring blog.... I'm your newest friend, visitor and follower...I'd like to invite you to come visit and follow me when you get a chance. Have a great day. xoso Sndy

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks so yummy. tried numerous recipe for crepes but they don't work for me. will try yours though. thank you for sharing! :) new follower here :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0