Paper Flower Tutorial - The Style Sisters

Paper Flower Tutorial

By The Style Sisters - Saturday, March 02, 2013

It's been quite a busy few weeks! My third grandchild was born..his name is Louis...oh he so precious..I will share photos soon...of his cute little self. My daughter and her family are living with us for a month..so I get to have lots and lots of fun grandma time with all three of them! We celebrated my granddaughters fourth birthday last week and she wanted a "Belle" birthday party. So we decided to make some red and yellow paper flowers (it matches "Belle"s dress of course ;) to hang from my chandelier.
I purchased tissue paper from Walmart... the paper is a little large so I cut about 3 to 4 inches off so that the flower petals are tighter together and appear thicker when fluffed up. Otherwise they tend to be loose and floppy.

Next step just start folding according style..about 1" folds.

Do you love the toys? My lovely assistants are always right next to me "helping me"

They highjacked my IPAD and starting taking funny pictures of us..oh they make me laugh!

Once the paper is accordion folded...fold the entire paper in half so you will know where to cinch it up in the center.

I used wire to cinch up the center but in the past I have also used a stapler.
Then you can decide what type of floral petal style you would like to use...a pointy or maybe a rounded edge.

I like the pointy petals. I Snipped off the edges into a points. Then start carefully separating each paper by pulling it up to center creating a "petal".

And this is how it turns out.....it kind of reminds me of a dahlia flower full and pretty.

This is how they looked after I attached them to my chandelier. For very little money it really makes a big impact. You can see last years princess party where we made and hung large pink paper flowers here

I am linking to

wow us wednesday

Design dazzle link party

Today's Creative Blog

Tablescape Thursday

Skip to My Lou

Home stories A to Z

Tabletop Tuesday

Tip junkie!

 

 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. Congrats on the new addition to the family!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty flowers :)

    Recently I've been looking to buy some rugs.. does anybody know any sites to check out?
    Rugman.com seemed pretty good.. anyone ever used it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I've seen these before but wasn't quite sure how to make them -- thanks for sharing! I'm sure you couldn't have done that without your assistants!

    Be happy!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0