Fireplace Mantel Decorating Ideas - The Style Sisters

Fireplace Mantel Decorating Ideas

By The Style Sisters - Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I was looking at my fireplace mantel and decided to make it more "summery" (is that a word?) Any way I wanted it to be clean and fresh looking. I found these white rather nautical candle lanterns at IKEA last year and thought they might be fun to use.

I also decided to use these matching topiaries that I bought at Target a few years ago and place this cute old clock right smack in the middle.

I had a hard time finding a piece of artwork that would fit in the middle of the uppermost part of the fireplace that would not cost a fortune!! I found this painting that brings in the red that I needed...because this room looks right into my kitchen which has red walls (see story of black Ikea Shelving back in June to see a picture of the red wall papered walls). I bought the painting at Garden Ridge for $79.00! The frame was either gold or brown (I can't remember now) when I bought it so I did have to spray paint it black. It is quite large and I am pretty happy with it. Next I think I want to replace the dark green tiles that surround the fireplace with old brick!! That is my most favorite look.
Let me know what you think we love to read all your comments.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

  1. RERE! i cant wait to c u in st.george! did u get on that last flight? i hope so! i love u! c u tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job. It really does feel summery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, "summery" is indeed a word, and you accomplished it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your nice comments. We love to see what our readers are thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What if you have a flat screen television above your mantel? Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0