Outdoor garden dinner party for 20 fulfilled my dream! - The Style Sisters

Outdoor garden dinner party for 20 fulfilled my dream!

By The Style Sisters - Thursday, September 20, 2018

 For as long as I can remember I have had a dream of  hosting a beautiful outdoor dinner party in a garden setting and I finally did it! My hubby was totally on board and did all the muscle work for me. Moving tables, setting up chairs and lights to hang all around our dining area. A couple of my friends said it was a magical night. Perfect weather, delicious food and most of all good company.
We used two folding tables and I bought 3 white textured throws called Mathea from Ikea and put them on the tables with a cotton linen tablecloth called Vardagen also from Ikea over the middle of the table to give 
it a European relaxed feel. 
I always like to use my Ikea 365 White dinner plates because it makes the food pop off the plate. The placemats are woven from water hyacinth also from Ikea and look like Pottery Barn placemats but much cheaper. 
For the centerpieces I used bottles from the dollar store and filled them with herbs from my garden. I used Pineapple sage, Oregano flowers and the white flowers believe it or not are onion flowers! The greenery going down the center of the table are honey suckle vines. 

For the water glasses I used a mix of  bubble glasses and plain glass goblets. 
 
I bought two really awesome glass vases called Begarlig from Ikea and put two 
tall white candles in it.
I absolutely love how the lights turned out! My hubby really had to be Macgyver to make it work. He used 4 poles with stakes attached that he pounded into the ground. They were still a little wobbly especially after he used 25lb fishing line from corner to corner to create a square around the tables for the lights to hang on. So then he had to string more fishing line from each pole to trees and edges of house to keep the square taught. He totally figured everything out and it looked gorgeous! 
I served bruschetta, roasted vegetables, a yummy quinoa brown rice yam cherry salad,  fruit, cheese and crackers and I asked my friends to bring something to grill. 
For dessert I made individual peach blueberry crisps that were soooo yummy!



We feel so blessed to call these folks our friends :)



I will post recipes for my Bruschetta, quinoa salad and peach blueberry crisp tomorrow. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. I couldn't love this any more! We have a salt works farm here locally, and they host farm to fork dinners that have nothing on you and your husband's execution of an alfresco evening right there! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Rita what a nice comment! 😘 You made my day! I’ve been thinking about doing something like that.. it would a lot of work but super fun!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness - your outdoor dining party looks like it came straight out of a magazine spread, Karin! We entertain often (but not outdoors because Ohio weather stinks and cannot be counted on to EVER stay nice if on those rare occasions it is actually nice,) so I know how much love and labor and plain o' sweat went into this divine gathering.

    Move over, Martha - there's a new kid in town! : - ) Well done, ma'am. Hug that hubs for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle you are TOO kind 😘 thank you for you sweet comments! Wow it really means a lot to hear these things especially coming someone else who knows how much planning and work it takes to do this. What a bummer that Ohio weather does not coooerate :( if you lived here I’m sure we would host together!
      Thanks again for stopping by 😘

      Delete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0