This was my first attempt at trying a gluten free strawberry pie and I really liked the crust!
The crust recipe comes from Food.com but I changed one
INGREDIENTS for Crust
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2⁄3 cup finely minced walnuts (But I used Cashews)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Toast oatmeal in a shallow pan for 10 minutes to brown, watch carefully.
- Remove from oven and in small mixing bowl combine oatmeal with remaining ingredients.
- Press into 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes or until a golden. Let crust cool.
- Ingredients for Filling
- One box instant white chocolate pudding (follow directions on box)
- Whipped cream
- Fill pie shell with pudding, top with whipped cream, add strawberries and blueberries.
Labels: Gluten free strawberry pie, summer cooking