Festive Red White and Blue Porch- 4th of July! - The Style Sisters

Festive Red White and Blue Porch- 4th of July!

By The Style Sisters - Monday, June 30, 2014

I have always had a thing for porches and when we moved into this house 4 years ago I couldn't wait to decorate the porch for the holidays! This year I went all out for the 4th...actually I did this back in May for Memorial Day and figured it was good for flag day in June, the 4th of July and here in Utah the 24th of July (we commemorate the entry of Brigham Young and the first group of Mormon pioneers into the Salt Lake Valley after being forced to leave Nauvoo, Illinois and other eastern states in 1847)

White porch, red white and blue porch, 4th of July decorations
With all of these holidays there is so much to think about and reflect on how many people suffered for our freedom. I feel so blessed to have the freedom to choose where I live how I live and to worship the way I want to. Freedom is so important and I think we forget or take for granted how fortunate we are to live here in America!
Red white and blue porch, porch ideas, white porch
I love my neighbors and neighborhood
White front porch, patriotic porch, red and white striped bunting banner
I am so grateful for the men and women who sacrificed life and limb for our freedom
Red white and blue wreath, old wagon wheel wreath, patriotic wreath
The colors of our flag remind me of all that has been done for me...for us...all of us in America.
Red and white striped banner, 4th of July porch
Red white and blue lantern, 4th of July porch decorations

Last night I sat on my porch and watched the sunset....

Front porch, 4th of July

And listened to the sounds of summer...

Neighborhood children laughing, pops of fireworks, crickets chirping, light breeze rustling the leaves on the trees and just thought about how blessed we are!

Happy 4th of July!

 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. Simply Suzannes at Home

    I love all your Fourth of July touches . . . the swags, red and white rug, and bunting!
    Your flower beds look so happy too!
    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Have a wonderful Fourth of July with your family and friends,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all so true, I think we all take for granted how free our lives are...but so grateful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your porch, and I love its patriotic decor. I'd like to know about the "wheel" that you've decorated for your door. That is such a clever idea. I really like the way you draped the fabric across the railing. Happy 4th of July. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Love it. Pinned. Thank you for being a part of our party.Please come and party with us tonight at 7 pm. We love having you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0