Remembering those who died serving our country - The Style Sisters

Remembering those who died serving our country

By The Style Sisters - Monday, May 19, 2014

I found this on wikipedia -On Memorial Day, the flag of the United States is raised briskly to the top of the staff and then solemnly lowered to the half-staff position, where it remains only until noon. It is then raised to full-staff for the remainder of the day.

The half-staff position remembers the more than one million men and women who gave their lives in service of their country. At noon, their memory is raised by the living, who resolve not to let their sacrifice be in vain, but to rise up in their stead and continue the fight for liberty and justice for all.

I feel so incredibly blessed to live in America...the amount of gratitude I have in my heart for the sacrifices made for all of us...is overwhelming...I hope I can live my life in a way that shows my gratitude to all those who have gone before and suffered so much for our freedom.

God bless our military and their families for all they have done and continually do to protect us and our freedom.

 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0