Cupcake Dessert Table for 200! Hot Air Balloon Decoration Tutorial - The Style Sisters

Cupcake Dessert Table for 200! Hot Air Balloon Decoration Tutorial

By The Style Sisters - Monday, March 31, 2014

Cupcake dessert table for 200, Womens Conference LDS,
Last week was crazy busy starting Monday morning babysitting four kids (one was a newborn) for a friend, having out of town cousins stay here on Monday night and Tuesday followed by my daughter and her hubby and our 3 precious grandkids and their sweet dog Wednesday night until Sunday night, planning and cooking multiple dinners all week long..some for up to 13 people, going with the family to the new Aquarium, attending a baby shower and planning a tablescape to house 400 cupcakes for our church's Women's conference on Saturday evening! It was fast and furious but oh so fun!!
I want to share with you the tablescape my daughter and I created for the Worldwide Women's conference broadcast that we watched at our church building. After the broadcast we enjoyed delicious cupcakes with over 400 women, young women and girls aged 8 and up. The broadcast included short videos that really touched my heart and music that touched my soul plus speakers from the general Relief Society presidency, Young Women presidency and the Primary presidency and Henry B. Eyring one of the members of the First presidency of our church.
I bought 5 yards of turqoise broadcloth and cut it right up the center so I had two long skinny pieces then I folded the fabric in half and in half again so we wouldn't have to cut so many scallops, then we traced the bottom of a cake plate onto the fabric so we only had to cut three times on each side of the long pieces. LOL does that make any sense? The tutorial for how to make a scalloped edge tablecloth is HERE
One of my friends made the silhouettes of a woman, a teen and a little girl and framed them using scrapbook paper behind each silhouette. Look at the adorable "hot air balloons" that another friend made!! She not only made those but all the banners too!
I borrowed some cake plates but most were mine :)
See this cutie patootie cake plate? My hubby and I made it...I  show the full tutorial on how we made it HERE
Here is one of the "hot air balloons" up close...sooo precious don't you think? Here is the tutorial on how to make one for yourself.
Here is the whole room set up.
Everyone loved it all!
Have you checked out my mom's 75th surprise birthday party that I did for her? You will love the decoration ideas and the ahhmazing Eiffel tower made from wafer cookies that my cousin made. 

Linking to

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. That is just beautiful! Great Ideas! Cant wait to see how you made the cupcake stand!
    ~Donna~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    Oh. my. goodness. I love your decorations! The tables, flags, and hot air balloons are just fabulous :0) I think it might be fun to make one of those hot air balloons for my girls' bedroom. How fun!
    Thanks so much for sharing,
    Suzanne
    PS I hope you're recuperating from a hectic, busy week!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0