Chipolte Chicken tacos and Black Beans with the Gals - The Style Sisters

Chipolte Chicken tacos and Black Beans with the Gals

By The Style Sisters - Thursday, February 13, 2014

I had a super fun dinner with some of the gals from church the other night and the food was yummy. I belong to one of the oldest and the largest women's organization in the world it is called The Relief Society and we get the opportunity to visit one another.
Chipolte chicken tacos, relief society, black beans
When we visit one another it is called visiting teaching- Jesus Christ showed us how to minister—how to watch over and strengthen one another. His was a ministry to individuals, one by one” Visiting teaching gives women the opportunity to watch over, strengthen, and teach one another. It is so fun to meet new women and learn about them and their lives.
Each of us are assigned a companion and a few sisters to go visit on a regular basis. My companion cooked this marvelous dinner for us!
I set my table in bright colors that reminded me of Mexico! These awesome orange plates were given to me by my cute mom for my birthday and I just love them!
I went to the grocery store and spotted these gorgeous blooms that worked perfectly for my table.
I sliced limes and placed in the bottom of the vase...Tip: don't slice them too thin like I did...they started to disintegrate to quickly and made the water look merky :(
It is just fun to get together with some friends and chit chat about life and all it entails.
I need to do this on a regular basis...I love setting a colorful table and gathering friends and family round it.
I think this recipe is very similar to what Ann made for us but she didn't use very much hot stuff...we are wimps :)
Chipotle Chicken Salad Tacos from Rick Bayless' Mexico One Plate at a Time2 tbsp balsamic vinegar1/2 cup olive oil2 canned chipotle chiles en adobo, finely choppedsalt1/2 small head Napa cabbage, thinly sliced (about 2 1/2 cups)1 large carrot, peeled and chopped into 1/4 inch pieces1 small red onion, thinly sliced1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro1 1/2 cups coarsely shredded cooked chicken, preferably grilled, roasted or rotisserie chicken1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2 inch cubes1/3 cup coarsely grated Mexican queso anejo or another dry grating cheese, such as Romano or Parmesan12-16 warm, fresh corn tortillas1. The Filling. In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and chipotles. Season generously with salt, usually about a generous 1/4 teaspoon. Add the cabbage, carrot, onion, cilantro and chicken. Toss everything together and let stand for 15 minutes. Taste and season with additional salt if necessary.2. Finishing the Dish. Scoop the filling into a wide shallow serving bowl, dot with the cubed avocado and dust generously with the cheese. Set on the table with the warm tortillas, and you're ready for some great roll-them-yourself tacos.
Linking to
t

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0