Thanksgiving Orange Blue and Old Books - The Style Sisters

Thanksgiving Orange Blue and Old Books

By The Style Sisters - Friday, November 16, 2018

Thanksgiving is the best holiday because we gather everyone round the table and share a delicious meal, we celebrate love, gratitude and FAMILY! I created a unique Thanksgiving tablescape using an uncommon color palette of blue and orange and I used some old book pages.
I adore these leaf plates purchased from Walmart years ago...they haven't carried anything like it since.
You don't need to match all your stuff..I used a mix of different napkin rings..I love these pale yellow ones from pier 1. Add some old book pages underneath dinner plates to add texture and create layers.
For a little bling I used these orange and yellow gold bauble napkin rings also from pier 1
Using old books my daughter folded the pages to create unique shapes that I used throughout the centerpiece. A friend made these mini chalkboards by painting cardboard with chalk paint and attaching them to painted silver clothes pins that allow me to write sweet messages to my family.
Another fun napkin ring...a rusty metal letter cut out..I found these at Michaels..I wish i would have bought more!!
Also in the centerpiece I used some of my little velvet Punkins tutorial HERE
More old book pages scattered throughout the center of the table used as a table runner..no worries about spills!
Set upon old book page Pinwheels (tutorial on the blog Saturday) are these metal pumpkin placecard holders also from pier 1
Here you can see the entire table complete with white napkins.
I think I like the picture without the white napkins so you can see the orange leaf plates better :)
Wouldn't it be fun to find old book pages with things about Thanksgiving written on it so everyone could share something interesting while eating? I suppose one could even laminate the pages so they could be used over and over.
Another cool folded old book...this is a great idea for torn or ruined books.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone I hope this inspires you to use unique items for your table this year :)
Friday on the blog: Yummy side dish RECIPES
Linking to

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 Comments

  1. Gorgeous table.....just gorgeous! I love every bit of it. The detail, the dishes...place cards. You did a wonderful job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - gorgeous table and I love the idea of re-purposing the pages of old, no longer used books like this.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun table Karin, so many interesting elements! I love all the surprises and unexpected items! Very unique!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table is just gorgeous! Love those beautiful fall elements.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0