I love pinterest! I found this recipe from Lilluna who got it from Scattered a Thoughts of a Crafty a Mom and it is deeeelish! Pinterest is like having all your best friends with you all the time sharing their favorite recipes, DIY projects, home dec ideas, etc..right when you need it with pictures and directions for everything.
I love that you add the asparagus to the boiling water for the last five minutes..no need to get out another pan.
The sauce is made with chicken broth, half and half and cream cheese. You can see the cream cheese chunks before it melted into the sauce...sooo tasty! I added an Italian herb mix to bump up the flavor.
The creaminess and the flavor is so good, I used a rotisserie chicken and the chicken was so tender.
Great dinner for a Friday night and it made a ton! I fed 5 people (3 adult men and 2 women) and had lots leftover.
This recipe is a keeper!
Creamy Chicken and Asparagus Pasta
- 8 to 12 oz of your favorite pasta shape (follow the serving size on the box, depending how many you are cooking for)
Instructions:1. Cook pasta as directed on package. (Be sure to use the recommended amount of salt, it makes the pasta taste so much better.) Add the asparagus to the water during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside. Reserve a cup of the pasta water.
2. As the pasta is cooking, saute the minced garlic in a large skillet over medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes. Don't let it burn. (If you are not using precooked chicken, go ahead and cook it with the garlic.)
3. Add chicken, onion powder, garlic powder, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Saute another 2 minutes.
4. Add the broth, milk/cream, cream cheese and half of the parmesan to the chicken mixture, stir until well combined.
5. Add the pasta and asparagus to the skillet, stir until combined. If pasta seems dry add reserved cooking liquid a little bit at a time, stirring over med low heat until desired consistency is reached.
Top with additional salt, pepper and parmesan.