Watermelon cake for my Birthday! - The Style Sisters

Watermelon cake for my Birthday!

By The Style Sisters - Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Saturday was my birthday and I requested a watermelon cake that I had seen on the Pennywise blog so my cute daughter Emily and my cute mom created this for me!
They used watermelon, canteloupe, blueberries and limes. They started by cutting the rind off the watermelon and cutting it into a large circle for the base.
Then they did the same thing with the canteloupe...make sure the watermelon size works well the canteloupe...not too big or too small.
They repeated this process making each layer a little smaller than the one below.
With leftover pieces of each fruit they used a cookie cutters to make scalloped circles and stars to place on the outside edges. They used blueberries all around the base of each layer.
My cute daughter and mom....they are the best!!!
The top piece of canteloupe was tuned upside down so there was not a dip in the center. For the cake "topper" they used a slice of lime, one blueberry and a heart shaped piece of watermelon all on a toothpick stuck into the center. Then they decided to add slices of lime all around the edges to add some color to the cake.
I love how this turned out! So so cute...Yummy and made with love for Me ;)
Love you Mom and Emily so much!
Linking to

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

  1. Happy birthday! Mine was last Thursday -- I've always felt lucky to be born on 7/11. The watermelon cake looks wonderful and so healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    And isn't that the cutest idea ever!

    It has all the pizazz and wonder of a cake w/o all the fattening carbs and glutens.

    YAY! They did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! My birthday was July 2. I did enjoy the mud pie my daughter made for me but I am going to remember this for next year. SO cute and so healthy!
    Ashley Rane Sparks
    www.makeitrane.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated Happy Birthday. That watermelon cake is too cute, and yes, your mom and daughter are so cute too. What a labor of love this was. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter would love this. She doesn't like cake and tries to eat healthy including a ton of fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously LOVE this idea!!! Happy Birthday!! Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0