Summertime Dinners fresh from the garden - The Style Sisters

Summertime Dinners fresh from the garden

By The Style Sisters - Friday, July 19, 2013

I was thrilled to walk out into my garden and find one red ripe tomato ready to be plucked and right next to it my dark green basil was almost yelling at me to pick some of its dark green leaves...so how could I ignore that? I made a mini caprese salad...fresh mozzarella, overlapping thick slices of my tomato, sprinkled with fresh basil, drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper...OOOH it is truly the best thing on a hot summer day!!
 
I also made a quick spinach salad with raspberries, cantaloupe and slivered almonds. Brianna's poppy seed dressing is out go to favorite dressing of all time!

These are Frozen sweet potato fries or yam fries baked in the oven for 15 min! Crunchy when you let them sit for a minute or two.

Gotta have Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce slathered on my tender moist grilled chicken. Best BBQ sauce evvah!

My new brightly colored napkins and napkin rings from Pier One. Napkin rings are on sale .99 ea!!! Don't you love all that fat sparkly goodness!

The rattan or bamboo chargers are from Ikea...only 3.99 ea!

 

Ahhhh summertime meals aren't they the best!!

Bon Appetite everyone!!

Karin :)

Linking to

Foodie Friday, I'm Lovin it, Friday Favorites, between naps on the porch,

Weekend Potluck, Stone Gable

 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

5 Comments

  1. Oh that Caprese salad looks heavenly! We've had a heatwave here in Pennsylvania and the idea of turning on an oven is not appealing at all- Great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOHH!! it all looks heavenly! It does look like a wonderful cool meal for these hot days of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks soooo good!! Love the napkin rings too, very pretty.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Goodness! Everything looks so good!! Thank you for sharing and thank you for the visit and sweet comment at The Dedicated House. It means the world! I would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party which is still live. Here is the link if you want to check it out. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-58.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedictatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0