Feeding a crowd with leftovers! - The Style Sisters

Feeding a crowd with leftovers!

By The Style Sisters - Friday, September 07, 2012


Recently I have been feeding crowds at my house...with so much family living close by and family out of state visiting I have had to be creative about stretching meals and using up my leftovers. I came up with this taco salad using leftover grilled chicken, some left over corn on the cob and canned black beans.

I gotta say it really turned out tasting pretty darn good and I was able to feed 10 people! (2 were my little grandchildren) It looked really pretty on the plate too!

First I sautéed some onions, added the corn that I cut off of three cobs, 2 cans of black beans, some taco seasoning, ksome chopped fresh cilantro, a squeeze or two from from one lime and my 2 left over chicken breasts that I cut up into small pieces and heated everything up in my frying pan. I used some bagged lettuce (already washed and cut up), chopped up some fresh tomatoes from my garden, made some fresh guacamole to serve on the side and sprinkled some shredded cheese on top.

For the yummy garnish I took some white corn tortillas and cut them into small thin slices and put them on a lightly oiled cookie sheet and sprinkled them with some kosher salt and broiled them until they were slightly golden and crisp. Oh my gosh we could not stop eating those tasty warm corn tortilla tid bits!! Make a lot of them if you do this....we ran out and I had to make a second batch!

Hope you enjoy your weekend!

 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0