Fun things in my sisters house - The Style Sisters

Fun things in my sisters house

By The Style Sisters - Tuesday, February 22, 2011

While staying at my sisters house I took photos of different areas in her house that inspired me. This area is up on top of some shelving in her sewing room. I love how she took some old books, a large clock, a vase filled with faux fruit and a rustic metal floral decoration. It looks awesome. Look around your house to find unusual items to create a wonderful "scape"
Another fun and cheap idea is to frame maps! Tiff bought these black frames at Ikea for $4.99 and found the White mats at an "as is" Ikea sale for only $4.00!!
She is wishing she had bought a lot more!
Tiff's Secret tip: the maps are wrapping paper!! I don't know where she got it but keep your eyes peeled for fabulous wrapping paper to frame! Brilliant!!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

  1. They have map gift wrap available at www.katespaperie.com, and it runs about $4.50 per sheet. I'm not connected to them in any way, I just like their stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those framed maps! never would have thought it was wrapping paper:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great look!
    Are you selling the napkin rings yet and do you still have CenterPiece Wednesday?
    Thanks, bj

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is also some made by cavallini at papersource.com. I used it to cover journals. (PS I found you through "mums" trying to explain to my Virginia what they were!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome blog. Not sure how I got here, but I'm really glad I did! I'm your newest follower.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi...just checking about the napkin rings. Thanks..

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0