Making French Pillows - The Style Sisters

Making French Pillows

By The Style Sisters - Friday, October 08, 2010

I don't know how to speak French or any other language for that matter but I do love French looking things! I have been in a sewing mood lately and made this darling French pillow out of White canvas.

I added some black satin ribbon to the sides and transfered the
French label onto the front

I left the back of the pillow just plain white canvas...so actually I guess you get two looks for the price of one! :)

Here is the close-up of the French label transfer.
I love all the scrolls and French wording!

I am selling this pillow in my Etsy store for $28.00 HERE and many more.....if I can carve out some more sewing time and get my creative juices flowing.
Let me know what you think of the black ribbon on the sides...I think it adds a certain flaire to the pillow :)
Merci Beaucoup
( I looked it up...thank you very much)
Linking up to
 Handmade Tuesday

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

13 Comments

  1. Beautiful pillow~ And very reasonable!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' the pillow mom!!! You always do such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the transfer. Very beautiful pillow. The black ribbon is just right too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your "french" pillow-I just made a similar pillow with tranfers too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful pillow. I love Frenchy things, especially typography, too but don't speak a lick of the language either. I probably have things in my house that say, "I love furry pink potatoes" and I'm none the wiser. Ha!

    Hugs,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pretty little pillow.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your French pillows! You did a great job and the black ribbon is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pillow....really cute and sassy. The recipe for the Sopapilla Cheesecake sounds wonderful. Never heard of anything like that! YUMMMMM

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0