Welcome to Centerpiece Wednesday!! Simple Hydrangea Centerpiece Idea - The Style Sisters

Welcome to Centerpiece Wednesday!! Simple Hydrangea Centerpiece Idea

By The Style Sisters - Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Welcome to Centerpiece Wednesday!
I have re-opened the linky party today 12/26/12 to this post. 
Please link up your centerpiece photos. 
Remember to link up to the party and link back to us and show off your centerpiece ideas for everyone to see.

I started this centerpiece with a black and white striped runner from Ikea
I added these large clear compote glass goblets filled with water and some green hydrangeas from the yard including a few leaves. I love using fresh leaves from flower bushes in the yard. I did not have any skinny candle sticks so placed a fat candle on top of my silver candles sticks but underneath I added a few hydrangea leaves to bring more green color up.Here you can see the little black votive candle holders I got at the dollar store!!
I just created a little pattern all down the striped runner...... black votive candle holders, glass goblet with hydrangeas, silver candlesticks...all the way down.
I love how it turned out.I gotta say these little $1.00 votive candle holders are fabulous!
Here you can see I used my black and white "frenchy" looking salad plates mixed with the tan dessert plates (thrift store!!Brand new set of 4 for $5.00) and my regular white dinner plates from Ikea. The tan and brown striped napkins were from Crate and Barrel outlet 3 yrs ago and of course my WHITE NAPKIN RINGS!! $1.00 each!! I didn't know if I would like the brown mixed with black but it really turned out nice.
The black chargers are my gold ones flipped upside down!!

Now you start to see the glowing effect from the candles as the sun went down.
We also have hanging above...some white bulb lights to illuminate things even more.
Dining alfresco in the backyard!
Who knew tan, white, black, brown and green could look so elegant? I just love how the centerpiece turned out...so simple and yet so elegant. I am thrilled to have used what I had around the house and in the yard to create a pretty table and Centerpiece!
Next time I will show you how I changed out just a couple of things to make the table totally different but I kept the same centerpiece.
I am linking up to these parties
Tabletop August
Now join in and show us all what you have come up with.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

32 Comments

  1. I love the touch of tan and taupe with the black and white! I ezpecially love hte striped taupe napkins! Lovely al fresco dinning table!!!! Thanks for hosting this fabulous party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the color scheme and especially the blooms in the stemware! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the classy look of the black/white/tan! The swirly pattern of the b/w plates is so pretty. I also like the idea of of placing the chunky pillar on the candlestick. Thanks for the invite to link to you! ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for visiting me today! I love this tablescape, so beautiful. You ar right, our newest Fall Pieces make great centerpieces! xo Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black and white always provide such great contrast!

    Hope to see you at "Summer Sundays".

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the runner from Ikea! Was it recently? Making a trip there tomorrow to see some new merch! I like how you mix your patterns...

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really elegant table. I can't believe the deal you got on the black and white plates. They are real statement makers. Everything looks so lovely and well put together. Nice job. Can't wait to see you change it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! I like the browns and blacks together! Good idea to turn the chargers upside down for the black!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank's Karin for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely message and I'm absolutely thrilled to join in with your Centrepiece Wednesday party today.

    I love your setting on your veranda and I totally adore what you have done with the hydrangeas, they're are such a wonderful flower to work with.

    Wishing you a wonderful week ahead.
    xx Coty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karin, Yes, great minds!!!!! How lovely your table is! I love the hydrangeas in the glasses. You have literally elevated these beautiful flowers!
    I am smitten with your black and white plates! They make a huge statement!
    And how clever to add those pretty green leaves under the tall silver candlesticks.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the green with the black. This is really pretty on your patio. So nice.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the taupe and cream with the black. Lovely tablescape. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is country elegance! I love the black and white with tan and pale green. Most of all I love the outdoor setting! Following u too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the black and white theme with the green hydrangeas! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is beautiful and very Inviting ! I love the colour combination, soft and warm.

    Thank you for stopping by and leaving me such great feedback :)

    Aina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos! I know you like to participate in the tabletop meme's so I wanted to tell you that tomorrow I'll have a meme too, that I think you will love! It's called Vignette Friday's, and it's all about tabletop vignettes, bookcase vignettes, garden vignettes - any vignette you set up, photograph, and want to share! If you're interested, please stop by! EVERYONE is welcome to participate, but I really hope you do! :) Thanks, and I'm looking forward to seeing your vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty! I like your color combo.

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think those hydrangea blossoms with the leaves sort of drooping off the sides look beautiful running down the center of the table. I love that look.

    The leaves under the big candles are pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the look of the centerpiece. These colors do work well together. What a wonderful place to have a relaxing meal.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karin, can I come dine alfresco with you! Love the whole look and all the bargains you got to put this together. Never saw those cute votives at my Dollar Store! Congrats you are a winner of the Girard's Salad Dressing at my blog. Please e-mail me at redcouchrecipes@gmail.com! Glad you won! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, I have just posted my Rooster Party and since there's a lot of centerpieces, I'm also joining your centerpiece meme!

    Thanks,

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  22. i do very much love your centerpiece. it's really quite outstanding. your sense of color is quite good and I agree it's all very upscale and so well put together. can't wait to see the additions.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Black, cream and brown....it's like you raided my closet...and made it beautiful and totally posh. Although it might clash in *my* backyard, since I've got a stuffed animal/fruit snack wrapper/anything else the dog can find to bring outside and chew up thing going on.

    p.s Your profile said Allen 1st ward? Everyone knows that Plano 7th is the best, but even WE don't have a blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. The pale green hydrangeas are the perfect complement to the black and white dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I agree, those black votive candle holders are fabulous. Your centerpiece is elegant and arranged so beautifully - beautful tablescape.

    All the Best,

    Requi

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh my god, what a great collection, i just loved the candle holders and the table arrangement, they just look great, i loved everything arranged so nicely

    ReplyDelete
  27. SO happy that you played with Vignette Fridays last week, and I hope that you'll continue to play along! I just love your blog and posts! I know people are gonna get tons of inspiration from yoU! :) Me included!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this decor. Beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete
  29. My all time favorites, hydrangeas. The outdoor setting is so wonderful...We dined alfresco very often while living in Florida...not so much when we relocated to NC...So happy that I am a new follower and look forward to seeing your future post and parties!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yippeeeee!!! Centerpiece Wednesday is back! Hooray! Love what you did with this centerpiece arrangement! You got some really incredible bargains, too! For just a buck each, I think I would have bought every one of those little votive holders! But then, of course, I'm a hoarder! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. The table runner is a great accessory, and the colors worked together perfectly...especially with the pops of wonderful green. Thank you for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your color scheme! It just is beautiful! I love the setting too! Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0