Funky Style Tips - The Style Sisters

Funky Style Tips

By The Style Sisters - Thursday, June 18, 2009

This is a repost but I loved all these cool ideas of using junk! Hope you enjoy and are inspired to look at junk differently.
I found all these funky style tips on BHG...I was quite pleasantly surprised with these very creative ideas.

This is an old chair they found at the curb...they spray painted it and added a new fabric seat and added some press one letters to the back and you instant style!

For Pennies no less!

How about this fun playroom for the kids! The green little sofa is actually two crib mattresses stacked on top of each other and covered in a funky green fabric. I wish I had seen this idea years ago!!


Okay...this is really kind of fun!
Love the idea of using $1.00 store salt a pepper shakers, toothbrush holders and sugar shakers for flower vases! Use flowers from the grocery store or your own backyard!

Have an old drawer to a dresser that does not function anymore? Turn it into a magnetic board. BHG put a piece of galvanized metal inside the drawer and then glued some beautiful scrapbook paper over the metal and hung it on the wall for a new spin on a magnetic board.

Makeover a redwood planter box by adding legs and some trim pieces and painting it a bright fun color!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

18 Comments

  1. Great ideas! My favourite is the crib mattress idea. Now why didn't I think of that???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post!!!!! Such the funnest ideas ever! Maybe we can whip out a project while we are in SG!! See you soon.............
    Love, me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all wonderful ideas!!! I love the color combination of the first photo of the chair! Adorable!!!

    Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. SSSOOOOO cute, I can't wait for garage saleing weather!! I will so be looking for some things to turn into my treasures! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW those are Awesome!! If you are looking for Kids Playroom Ideas , Spacify is just the right destination for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness that was ultra inspiring!!! Thanks for sharing...my head is spinning with all kinds of fun ideas now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the chair in the top picture - I refinished a couple of old chairs in similar colors a few months back. I am also really digging the globe bowl. Cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. waht an inspiration!! loove the chair..and the flower pot!
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    sasha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there...I've been on vacation for a week and going through and catching up on Blogging! I'm so glad ya'll made it ok during the storm and glad you made your prep kit...because now that it's made you won't need it, right??? Murphy's Law!
    The pasta recipe and the cupcakes look delicious....GREAT Job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations..you won an award!
    Visit my blog for details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these truly are such great ideas, i love the blue of the chair, and the globe bowl and using salt shakers as vases...awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you just love BHG!!!? they rock and so do you, chica! Thanks for joining in on the junk party and showing some looooovvvveee! I think my favs here are the globe turned bowl and the bright, yellow planter. Awesome! Thanks, again and have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my - loving that turquoise chair! So fabulous. Thank you for sharing these great ideas!

    Blessings,
    Marie
    http://emmacallsmemama.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great post, love all the ideas! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such nice coments. I also visited your brother's site and my heart and prayers go out to your family. Colon cancer is something that has played a part in my family with my father, aunt and cousins and now me. I will pray for your brother daily.
    Bristol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't junk just great? LOL!! These are some great ideas, but my fav's are the blue chair (love the color) and the green crib mattress. Already have one, now just need another and the kids can play away!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those ideas are super cool! I love the blue chair!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You'd love my post of our trip to the flea market this past Friday. Lots of lovelies to look like.

    Cheri
    www.itssoverycheri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those funky green fabric sofa are coool..cheers.

    - Herman Swan

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0