Heart Shaped Chocolate Cake With Marbled Chocolate Lid - The Style Sisters

Heart Shaped Chocolate Cake With Marbled Chocolate Lid

By The Style Sisters - Monday, January 26, 2009

Heart Shaped Chocolate Cake With Marbled Chocolate Lid.

This is my most favorite Valentine's cake that I make every year. There is a really long involved recipe which you can find
Here but I shortened up a few things to make it a little easier.
I use a yellow cake mix and added some semi sweet and white chocolate melted to the batter to make it richer.
I do bake it in a heart shaped bottomless cake pan with aluminum foil pressed all around it to hold the batter in as it says in original recipe.
I make a delicious buttercream frosting and add chocolate to it.
To make the marbled chocolate heart lid: Go Here
I replaced alcohol with Orange Juice.
It is soooo delicious and my family looks forward to it every year.
Are you making anything special for Valentines day?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

  1. Oh My Goodness...this looks divine! I want some of this. Dang so many recipes out in blog land and I will be fatter than I already am....my goal was to eat healthy, but how can I with stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic! Love it! The top and added chocolate to the batter make this amazing but not unattainable! It's the little details that make all the difference! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so lovely!! And what a great 'centerpiece' that would make!

    Oh man, I think I gained three pounds from the photo and thoughts alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!! There is not much I love more than chocolate and strawberries!! That looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! The famous Heart Shaped Cake! Here is my BROWNIE/ICE CREAM version that I made last year! Oh it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks devine! Thank you for sharing. We are having a family Valentine party and this would be wonderful to serve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how I would love me some of that deliciousness! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0