Cancer (It's a big bad word) - The Style Sisters

Cancer (It's a big bad word)

By The Style Sisters - Saturday, August 30, 2008

Our whole family has a had a really rough week....our cute brother who is the father of eight children (7 boys and 1 girl) and only 46 years old was just diagnosed with colon cancer stage 3. After being in excruciating pain for five days and having to go back and forth to the emergency room they finally admitted him into the hospital and found a bowel blockage and immediately got him into surgery and performed a colostomy (removal of part of the intestines ....he now has a bag). The doctor sent the cancer tumor to pathology and then we had to wait for 6 six days to get the results .....and we just found out today that it is stage 3. He will undergo chemotherapy and most likely radiation. It is so hard for all of us to watch this situation unfold and feel helpless. Not only does he have cancer but they have no health insurance, he is self employed with his business not doing very well lately and their home is a wreck as you can imagine...in fact more than you can imagine. Unfortunately cleanliness has not been a priority in their home for a long long time. All last week my mom, step mom and dad spent 2 days trying to clean and scrub to prepare for my brother to come home....unfortunately we did not hardly make a dent. (they are pack rats) I flew home yesterday after being there a week.... but My sister and I will be flying back later this week to continue to help clean, care for the children, hold garage sales and bake sales and anything else we can think of to help them in this time of need. Adversity is a weird thing.....it really brings everyone together, you take check of your own life, you realize what is most important in life and you prioritize your life differently. We have shed gallons of tears but we feel hopeful and know that Heavenly Father is in charge and will help us through it all.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

  1. I am just heartbroken for you. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry that you all have to go through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really sorry to hear such bag news, but it's a blessing to see a family come together and re-prioritize lives.

    Prayers and blessings your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for the news. My prayers are with your brother, his family and all of you! hang in there. He is so young!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi rere! its pretty crazy to think that this is really happening huh? its so scary but im sure he'll be fine. tell them all i love them and that i wish i could be there! tell uncle tim to stay strong! i love u!
    elli

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry about your brother! What a wonderful family you have to rally and help his family when he needs it most. You all will be in my thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!

    Oh...I dont´t know what to say..I would like to give you all a big hug....and tell you that I really hope he will be fine..You seem like a very sweet family, and seem to stick togehter and help each other. *HUG*

    Thinking of you...

    Big hug
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear the news. I can't think of one family that hasn't been untouched by cancer. I pray his has been found in time. Eight children and no insurance--when it rains it pours sometimes. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I a mso sorry to hear the bad news. What a tragic time. Your family will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear about your brother. But He will be fine. There are going to be hard, not to hard and also very hard an rough moments, but a wonderful family like yours will survive!!. I did it and I was in stage 4 of the same type of cancer, only 29 years old.
    I will keep you, your brother and the entire family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your brother will pull through and that your family will do well through this ordeal.

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0