ROBIN'S EGG BLUE AND BLACK AND WHITE BEDROOM - The Style Sisters

ROBIN'S EGG BLUE AND BLACK AND WHITE BEDROOM

By The Style Sisters - Monday, June 30, 2008

As you all know I was gone for a week at Girl's Camp and while I was away my hubby surprised me by painting our bedroom to match our bathroom!! Oh yea!! I was thrilled when I opened up the door to our bedroom and saw the beautiful robin's egg blue covering all our walls. He is one amazing man I must say! I love surprises like that. He did the guest bathroom about a year ago and surprised me with that too. I tried to to surprise him by painting our bathroom but as you may remember I threw my back out and couldn't finish it so he ended up having to do it. He did a good "while you were out" for me. Now I just have to decide what I want to put above our bed. I used to have lots of family photos there but I want a more clean look. I think I will put the photos on the other side of our bedroom around the armoire and maybe just one large black and white photo above our bed. I will keep you posted. I have attached before and after pics.

This is the before that had yellow walls and lots of photos above our bed. I did like this look too but I think I want just one thing above my bed this time.I also found this photo....this was the before, before picture. This looks more country to me but I liked it too. Yes I know what you are all thinking...she changes things all the time. Yep...I do.... but for very little money! 1 gallon paint for the bedroom, my mom gave me the black and white comforter cover in the above pics, the flowy white curtains and rods were from Ikea (CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP), Spray painted the furniture black and cheap black frames from Walmart! Let me know which room you like best. Karin :)

Linking up to

Thrifty decor chic

 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

  1. Definitely the black and white.
    I love the new color too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a lucky woman! I wish Peter would paint my house for me... well I guess that is near impossible since we rent but you get the idea. He did surprise me with a clean kitchen today, that was really nice!

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the black and white with the blue--it's the same as my room! I'm finishing up a mini re-do (and getting my blog back up and running) so I will post you pics when I do. I have more that I want to do now that I've seen your take on the same color scheme!

    THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the black and white and blue. That one is my favorite!!!!

    Maybe white plates above the bed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. the tomball three.. I like the idea of white plates! Once I decide what I am going to do I will post new pictures.

    Thanks for the nice comments

    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Madeline
    Yes I am a lucky woman and so are you! Peter is an awesome guy.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Love the blue! While Cameron's mom was staying with us, she commented to Danielle, "your mom has decorated very nicely, but the place really needs some color." So very true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ther both nice but I do love the black and white better. Its good to change one in awhile....good job as always
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific work! This is the type of information that should be shared around the web. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this post higher!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, that's a great article.After reading your site.I understand this,your site is very useful for me.I bookmarked your site.

    Susan Graham

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0