Painting Over Wallpaper - The Style Sisters

Painting Over Wallpaper

By The Style Sisters - Monday, June 09, 2008


Here is before photo of our bathroom. A lovely yellow and orange floralish wallpaper! Not my cup of tea.....so I decided to paint it a beautiful turqoise color and started the project while my hubby was away on a business trip.
I got almost all done......... and then....I threw my back out! My hubby loved it and finished it for me. We just simply painted two coats of Behr paint (which we love love love) from Home Depot. We did not prime it, or do anything else to the wall paper...except glue any loose areas where the wallpaper was coming up.




Let me know what you think of the transformation....


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

  1. Love the new paint color. Glad to know you were able to paint over the wallpaper--I may need to do that on my kitchen walls someday. I put the wallpaper on and used lots of glue, so know it probably wouldn't come off easily! Love your jars and the tiered stands too. TFS. Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the before.....but the after is fabulous... I love it! You did a wonderful job, the color is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the color I've been looking for! Can you tell me the name of it?
    It's just beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen,
    I am out of town right now and will be back on Saturday. I will post the name of color once I return back home. It is truly one of the best colors I have found!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh...your bathroom is stunning!! What a transformation!!
    I would love to feature it on my blog in the near future...I am utterly speechless at how beautiful everything turned out. Let me know if you are interested in showing it off more!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Would love to know the name of the color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLY SCHMOLY... What a HUGE transformation... It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE IT! The paint color is FAB. I love that you painted RIGHT OVER THE WALLPAPER! Why wouldn't I have thought of that???? and the JARS....so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0