More fun making cake plates! - The Style Sisters

More fun making cake plates!

By The Style Sisters - Friday, April 11, 2008




Hey I decided to try my hand at making a cake plate and a pedestaled bowl if you will. I found these items at Garden ridge. The green plate was $2.00 and the little bowl that I used for the base was 1.99! The bright orange wavy edged bowl was $4.99 and the bottom little dish was 1.59! Very cute if I do say so myself. Start looking around to see what all you can "glue" together to create a fun new piece! I used a different adhesive than what sister used. I used loctite household cement (Clear) from the grocery store and it worked perfectly. You should let it dry for a couple of hours or better yet overnight to make sure the bond is really tight.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 Comments

  1. Oh Boy! know I know what I'm blogging about today!!!!! I LOVE that set!!!! The green is really great, but the orange bowl is a "WOW"!!! Found you through Kim... as 1000s will tell you soon. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly,
    Thank you for the nice compliment. I love how the orange footed bowl turned out. It is my favorite!! Isn't it so fun how you can turn simple things into that "Wow" factor with very little money! Love Love Love it.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those ruffled plates, and what a good price too! Wish I could find some like them. Anything on a pedestal plate looks better, don't you think? Kay

    ReplyDelete

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0