Ever reupholstered a chair before? - The Style Sisters
DIY

Ever reupholstered a chair before?

By The Style Sisters - Monday, March 10, 2008







So have you ever tried this before?? I decided to take on this task after looking at prices of new chairs!! What a joke!! They are so expensive! I told my husband that I was going to reupholster our chair and he said "Do you really think you can do it?" I said "if there's a will there's a way!" So I began searching for fabric online and came across http://www.fabric.com/ and found just what I wanted for 7.99 a yard!! So I bought 10 yards for $80 and now I have a brand new chair!! Here is how I did it: I studied the chair and how the old fabric was put on. I realized it was put together with a staple gun. So I removed every piece of fabric staple by staple. This took some time but it was sooo worth it. As I removed each piece, I took a big black marker and wrote on the old piece where I took it off from (see picture). So I laid out all of the pieces onto the new fabric on my living room floor and cut new pieces. I then knew where to place all of the new pieces! You may want to keep a pad of paper near by as you are taking pieces off and write down in what order you took them off so that you know what order to put the new pieces back on. I did all of the reupholstering in one day! I started at 7:30 a.m. and finished at 6:30 p.m.. It turned out so nice! I will say that it is such a great feeling knowing that I could take something old and make it look new again!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0